While most social media sites are designed to allow you to network with friends and family, LinkedIn is a networking site designed to allow you to connect with others in your industry, as well as find and share relevant content. And consider this: 260 million individuals are using LinkedIn, which means it’s highly likely someone will search for your profile to learn more about your business.
LinkedIn is a fantastic way to improve your organizational reputation and showcase your brand, however, it’s important to make sure you’re using LinkedIn properly to achieve the benefits of using a networking site. Of course, it can be difficult to use LinkedIn properly if you’re new to the site. Here’s a few tips to help you make the most out of your LinkedIn profile.
- Search for Influencers: Do some research to find the leaders and experts in your industry. Once you’ve found the leaders and experts, engage with these influencers to increase visibility for your brand.
- Participate in Groups: Create and join groups relevant to your business. Once you’ve done this, start sharing original content and ask others to engage with your content.
- Keep Track of Competitors: Every business will have a few competitors in the market. Keep track of your competitors on LinkedIn! Stay up to date on the news they’re posting and the products they’re releasing.
- Look for Prospects: Connect with your prospects on LinkedIn. Look into their sales department and find decision makers to help you reach out to the right person and close a deal.
- Don’t be a Salesman: Don’t focus on selling your products and services all the time, instead, spend a lot of time sharing best practices and offering valuable information to help those connected to you.
Keep in mind, creating a reputable brand takes time. Don’t get discouraged if you’re not getting optimal results immediately. If you follow these tips and stay consistent, you will improve your organizational reputation and achieve the benefits of using a networking site.
For more tips on using LinkedIn to improve your organizational reputation, give us a call or send us an email. As your trusted IT service organization, we can help you take advantage of all LinkedIn has to offer for your business.
“[Your] professionalism in dealing with this situation at the Zero hour is definitely a rarity. Your team’s response was to take on a project that you had no prior knowledge of other than a customer was in a tight spot and needed assistance.”