The OneDrive Admin Center preview was just released. This is what you need to know.
There are so many great changes happening to OneDrive and the most recent one that you can benefit from is the new OneDrive Admin Center. While this has not yet rolled out to all users, it will be available soon. The preview is available to First Release customers currently and OneDrive is looking to hear feedback so if you have access, you need to check it out and let them know what you think.
The Advances of the Year
OneDrive has been busy all year updating their systems and adding new features. They have worked towards making things easier and better for their end users in areas such as IT, web, mobile, and across sync. The advances have come at a rapid pace and they are simply trying to keep up with the things their customers have vocalized as needs. Another component to this is that as the number of users and usage grows for companies, they have reached out asking for easier ways to administer their company OneDrive settings and policies. One of the ways they are doing just that is through the OneDrive Admin Center.
What You Need to Know About the OneDrive Admin Center
The OneDrive Admin Center will be available for more people to view before too long but for now, you can only use it if you are a First Release Customer. To check to see if you have access, you can try to view the preview at https://admin.onedrive.com. To get a good look at what it offers without having access to the preview, we have you covered. These are the key features of the Admin Center by section:
- Home Dashboard. On this page, you will be able to see all of your most recent Office 365 Message Center posts. You can also view your usage reporting that is related to OneDrive for Business.
- Share Information. You can view and control exactly what you share and with who from this page. You can also view who your users are sharing information with. This page allows you to control the use of external sharing and your anonymous links. You can also limit the external domains that your users can share information with.
- Control Syncing. You can block syncing of specific file types while also denying syncing to any PCs or devices that are not from your domain.
- Manage Storage. Within this section, you will be able to set default storage limits as well as document retention durations. This allows you to better control how your storage is used.
- Control Device Access. You do not want any device gaining access to your files. Now you can control how and where someone can access them. You can deny access from personal devices or other networks if that is what you want. You can also implement Mobile Application Management Intune policies for iOS and Android devices.
- Ensure Compliance. You can find links to auditing, data loss prevention, eDiscovery, and retention from the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center so you can better maintain your compliance.
The OneDrive Admin Center will make many components of your business safer and more productive. To find out more, contact Cohn Consulting Corporation in Atlanta and North Georgia via (770) 321-5532 or email@example.com.
“Your Professionalism with this situation at the Zero hour is definitely a rarity. Your team’s response was to take on a project that you had no prior knowledge of other than a customer was in a tight spot and needed assistance.”