Connecting your employees in the field with your main office is a necessity in the trucking industry. In order to relay and receive vital information, your drivers need a dependable method of communicating with dispatch at your central location.
Fortunately, there is a wide range of options when it comes to connecting your drivers with the rest of your staff at the office. Two-way communication systems, GPS, telephony systems and radio are all industry standard methods of maintaining contact between your fleet and your main office, but they all have one thing in common: They depend on your IT infrastructure.
Are you struggling to keep your staff connected to one another? Get in touch with Cohn Consulting Corporation today at (770) 321-5532 or firstname.lastname@example.org, or fill out the form to the right for a consultation on how to improve your business’ IT.
No matter how well designed the hardware is, or how well your staff can use it, all specialized trucking technology relies upon the effectiveness of your IT systems. Without a properly configured, supported and maintained IT infrastructure at your main office, your investments in specific communication technologies will amount to nothing. When your in-cab devices and other hardware can’t function properly because of your IT infrastructure, you’ll run into a number of issues, including:
- Unnecessary Delays: Dispatch needs to be able to inform drivers of traffic, weather, and other factors that will affect their route, but without a reliable connection, this isn’t always possible. Without the right information, drivers won’t be able to choose the best route, which will lead to delayed deliveries and wasted fuel.
- Recurring Problems: The efficacy of your business is highly dependent on your ability to continually improve performance by learning from mistakes. This could mean avoiding certain routes, or becoming familiar with a client’s particular needs, but regardless, it will be difficult to stop making the same mistakes over and over again if your drivers can’t report them in a timely fashion.
Don’t let a poorly maintained IT infrastructure affect your trucking technology. Cohn Consulting Corporation can provide expert support that will address any issues in your IT environment so that your specialized tech will function optimally. With our support, you can enjoy a number of benefits, including:
- Increased productivity, as there’s no longer a delay in the connection between your drivers and your staff at the main office.
- Reliable connectivity that allows your staff members to easily share vital information with each other as need be.
- Continual improvement, with clear and accurate communication between staff members allowing you to adapt your processes in line with relevant information about routes, fuel efficiency, and other factors.
Don’t let ineffective IT isolate and disconnect your staff. Call (770) 321-5532, email us at email@example.com, or fill out the form to the right to get the support you need to keep your employees connected.
“Your Professionalism with this situation at the Zero hour is definitely a rarity. Your team’s response was to take on a project that you had no prior knowledge of other than a customer was in a tight spot and needed assistance.”