An oral surgery practice faced the task of rolling out PC’s and associated office equipment and protected Internet connections to over a dozen of their practice offices ahead of an aggressive rollout schedule from their application service provider (ASP) based practice management system. The practice had to have all the new hardware in place with secure Internet connections at all offices to meet the “go-live” date with their practice’s data.
Cohn Consulting Corporation relieved the practice of the worry of meeting the schedule. We managed the entire rollout for the customer, permitting them to focus on the other, non-IT related aspects of the implementation.
Cohn Consulting Corporation coordinated the data communications turn-ups with the data vendor for the practice’s branch offices and validated all the Internet turn-ups.
Sonicwall firewalls and Ethernet switches were provided by Cohn Consulting and installed at all office locations. Cohn Consulting Corporation installed PCs and printers supplied by both the practice and software vendor. All the PCs were brought up to current software levels with operating system and security patches, and each office network was configured to operate independently while still preserving the ability for the entire practice to be integrated in a Virtual Private Network (VPN) in the future with no configuration rework needed. Every PC was validated for the software vendor’s application and all local printing resources. Antivirus software was installed on all PCs.
Cohn Consulting Corporation beat the schedule. The senior partner in the practice said they could have not gone live on time without the efforts of Cohn Consulting Corporation.
- In under six weeks, while maintaining responsiveness to our other clients, Cohn Consulting Corporation:
- Installed over 60 PC’s, verifying the software vendor’s configuration and application met their requirements
- Installed more than two dozen networked printers
- Installed a dozen firewalls, providing the practice offices with secure Internet connections and taking concrete first steps toward HIPAA security compliance.
- Rolled out managed antivirus services to all practice PCs, monitored from a server in their corporate office.
Contact Us for an appointment to discover how Cohn Consulting Corporation can Take Care of Your Computer so You Can Take Care of Your Business.
“[Your] professionalism in dealing with this situation at the Zero hour is definitely a rarity. Your team’s response was to take on a project that you had no prior knowledge of other than a customer was in a tight spot and needed assistance.”